On Monday, April 19, VOC and Campaign for Uyghurs, and The Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation (VOC) are hosting an online event spotlighting the release of a new book, “Menace: China’s Colonization of the Islamic World and Uyghur Genocide,” by Mr. Abdulhakim Idris, Inspector General of the World Uyghur Congress and noted Islamic scholar.
Mr. Idris’s book is the first English-language book from an Uyghur perspective on the economic, political, and cultural pressures being used by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to control or influence other countries. This includes China’s Belt and Road Initiative, the CCP’s colossal infrastructure development strategy adopted in 2013 to invest in nearly 70 countries and international organizations designed to dramatically expand China’s rising economic and political power. Mr. Idris’s book also focuses on the current Uyghur genocide being conducted by the CCP in China.
As the Chinese Communist Party continues its aggressive and brazen human rights atrocities against China’s Uyghur Muslim minority in full world view, what can be done to alert and counter China’s growing malignant influence on the Islamic World, and what implications does the ongoing Uyghur genocide have for Muslim countries? For this discussion and special event spotlighting the release of Abdulhakim Idris’s revealing and detail-filled new book, “Menace: China’s Colonization of the Islamic World and Uyghur Genocide” will be held on Monday April 19, 11.30 AM EST.
- Nihad Awad, Executive Director and Co-Founder, Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Ambassador Andrew Bremberg, President and CEO, Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation
- Abdulhakim Idris, Inspector General, World Uyghur Congress & Author, “Menace: China’s Colonization of the Islamic World and Uyghur Genocide”
- Dolkun Isa, President, World Uyghur Congress
- Congressman Thomas Suozzi (D-NY), Member, Congressional-Executive Commission on China
- Julie Millsap, Director of Public Affairs and Advocacy, Campaign for Uyghurs (panel moderator)